This is a day that will knock you down if you let it. There is so much to pray about and reflect on that the Holy Spirit can totally change everything about you if you allow it to happen. Set this day apart from all your other days by beginning with 5 minutes of absolute total silence and an empty brain.
Let God fill you with holy thoughts.
Today is Good Friday… a strange name for such a difficult day. But we are lucky to know “the rest of the story” and so we understand that today is indeed… good. Jesus giving up his life for us means that we have a chance to go to heaven. In my book… that’s pretty amazing.
Retreat Day 3: Good Friday
1. Before you begin the rush of another Friday, look and listen and pray…
2. The really great message in this song is found in the refrain:
At the cross you beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees
and I am lost for words
so lost in love
I’m sweetly broken
3. What great act of love could bring you to your knees in awe? Take this thought with you for your day.
4. At the end of the day, use your paper/journal to draw pictures or write words about what you saw/heard/felt in the ordinariness of your in’s and out’s.
5. Before going to bed, come back to this music video and play it again. Let it fall into your dreams this night.
Tomorrow: In the Hands of God